Friday, October 8, 2010

DAILY GUIDANCE

Every morning I wake up and I ask God to guide me through my day.  I don't ask for favors, I don't ask for answers to prayer and I don't tell him what I have to do that day.  I just ask him to keep me company all day and help guide me through my trials and victories and to remind me I should be equally grateful for both.

JESUS:  Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.  Mark 1:35

ABRAHAM:  Now Abraham arose early in the morning and went to the place where he had stood before the Lord.  Genesis 19:27

DAVID:  In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.  Psalm 5:3

DANIEL:  He entered his house and and continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before His God, as he had been doing previously.  Daniel 6:10

If these Godly men and the Son of God thought it was necessary to spend time with God daily, how much more do I need to.