Thursday, October 21, 2010

I WILL FOLLOW JESUS

Today, I will follow Jesus.  Of course, I do every day.  Not very well, but I definately don't purposely not follow him.  If I say I'm willing follow him, what does that mean to me?  To me it means I think he is worth it.  He is all love and understanding, comfort and compassion.  My following him means I'm not asking him to prove himself worthy of being followed.  I'm not saying "I'll follow you if you do this for me".  He is worth having at my side in good times and in bad.  It means I will love him no matter the adversity that encroaches upon my life and he will love me no matter the sins I commit.  That doesn't give me permission to sin on purpose.  Jesus IS worth following.

I am convinced that nothing can separate us from God's love.  Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow -- not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.  No power in the sky above or in the earth below -- indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39