Friday, October 8, 2010

PRAYER VERSES

God has given me some good reasons for spending daily time in the Bible and in prayer:

TO KNOW GOD:
I don't want your sacrifices, I want your love.  I don't want your offerings, I want you to know Me!  Hosea 6:6
-- To get to know anyone, I must spend time with them, talking, listening, sharing life.  This is what a true relationship with any friend would look like.  Why should it be any different with God.

FOR SPIRITUAL FOOD:
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.  Matthew 4:4
Like newborn  babes, long for the pure milk of the Word, that by it you may grow in respect to your salvation.  Peter 2:2
-- I cannot survive without food and as such I cannot survive without God's word to nourish my soul.  What good is having a living body if my soul is lost and therefore destined to death.

FOR DAILY VICTORY:
How can a young man keep his way pure?  By living according to your Word...I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.  Psalm 119:9, 11
-- My time with God in His Word will help me resist temptation and stay in keeping with His commands.