Sunday, April 24, 2011

Random Thoughts This Week

There comes a time when silence is a form of betrayal.  Not sure who said this, but I liked it.  I heard it at church this morning at Victory Church, Frank and Jackie's church.  I must be willing to speak up courageously for my God.  I must not let the fear of offending others silence me.

Friday night I went to Sagebrush and heard that we should all wake up and realize we are here because someone (Jesus) died in my place.

During my BSF (bible study fellowship) http://www.bsfinternational.org/ I read "If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday" Isaiah 58:10
As a follower of Christ I should demonstrate this in personal integrity and social responsibility.  How will I respond to the social ills that exist next door and around the world?  I don't want an outward religion as a replacement for what God requires, a genuine relationship with him producing acts of righteousness and justice.  I can't save the world, but I can help those in my community.  My mission at this phase in my life is to assist teenagers and young adults who need a safe place to dwell once in a while, to be a listening ear to their troubles and to teach them some life lessons they missed out on.  I enjoy having all these kids hang out at my house and will miss them when I am no longer needed, but I will rejoice in their individual successes and shout out in praise at their many accomplishments to come.  I pray my children will continue this tradition in their own homes with their spouses and families, to be a lighthouse those in need will flock to, to feed and shelter the neglected or abandoned.  I hope the children who have been loved in this home will remember to pass on the kindness they received to others while using the gifts God has given them.  Thank you Lord, for giving me the opportunity to serve my immediate community.