Saturday, March 10, 2012

BEING IN THE FRAME OF MIND FOR BIBLE STUDY

Psalm 109:4 / New Century Version (NCV)


4 They attacked me, even though I loved them and prayed for them.

I sat down a few hours ago to share some notes on discipleship I found going through some old bible devotions I had written. Alas, something interrupted me so I now I'm not in the frame of mind to finish typing that new post. It started me to thinking that I was in the perfect frame of mind to share these notes when Satan attacked.  I don't mean physically, but in a way that crept in slowly, through the actions of another person and my reaction to them.  Satan enjoys attacking us in any way he can, so he looks for moments when we let our guards down, and are weak, to strike us.  So as I write that I am not in the frame of mind to share a new post, here I am posting!  However, I am not able to focus on a post when I’m not completely surrendering to God and asking him to guide my hand.  My mind can’t go there right now.  I’m angry, frustrated and fearful.  The person who Satan used to “attack” me is always an easy target.  This person is not saved or guided by God.  So this post is not “God” centered or guided.  This is my anger and frustration talking.  Believe me I’m keeping it under control.  I could write 100 emotional pages full of woe, etc.  So, that’s why I’m going to walk away from the computer and take some quiet time to focus on God and get myself right with Him again before I call it a night and try to get some sleep.  

No comments: