Monday, March 5, 2012

EVENING PASSED AND MORNING CAME - GENESIS

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.  Psalm 30:5

GENESIS 1:
v. 5  …..  Evening passed, and morning came.  This was the FIRST day.
v. 8  …..  Evening passed, and morning came.  This was the SECOND day.
v. 13  Evening passed and morning came.  This was the THIRD day.
v. 19  Evening passed and morning came.  This was the FOURTH day.
v. 23  Evening passed and morning came.  This was the FIFTH day.
v. 31  God looked at everything he had made, and it was very good.  Evening passed and morning came.  This was the SIXTH day.

David got it right.  He didn’t look at the morning as the beginning of his day.  He thought upon the night as the beginning of his time with God.  If we could just meditate upon God’s word before going to sleep every night I truly believe God will bless our next day.  While we are sleeping he is free to work in our heart and mind to prepare us for accomplishing what needs to get done.  Too many of us think of night as the end of our day.  Actually it is the beginning of our day.  I truly believe if we all took the time to come to God in the evening before bed and pray for the next morning’s tasks and needs, we would see more fully what God can accomplish in us while we are restfully sleeping.  God wants to spend the evening protecting and preparing us for the morning, not just resting from the day we just lived.

God loves us so much, our eternal joy will come in the morning of Christ’s return.  God's love is with us at all times, he never fails us.  We need to see our mornings as the ending of an evening spent with God protecting us and allowing us to rest so we may forge the path he has paved for us. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoezWBPGRAc

Song Title:Your Love Never Fails
Artist / Band:Jesus Culture
Album:Your Love Never Fails

Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails

Chorus:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There maybe pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

Verse 2:
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

Bridge:
You make all things work together for my good

No comments: