Tuesday, March 27, 2012

LIFE IS A STAGE

If the world is a stage, please Lord, I'd like to be the janitor who sweeps up after everyone leaves.  Put me behind the scenes with no makeup, no lines to follow, without too many chiefs and not enough indians.

In the beginning was God.

Truth.

A plan.

I need to find the plan God wants for me.  What truth does he want me to find?  Above all, I need to find the God of 1st Corinthians 13.  That God!

Not the God that is plastered on the overhead screen on Sunday morning, not the God who is glued on the back of cars in the shape of a chrome-colored plastic fish, not the God who people use as a scape-goat or a king of their causes.

I want to discover the one who has walked beside me every second of my life waiting for me to turn and say hello without pretending, without a mask, without anything but me.

No comments: