Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WHO HOLDS ME WHEN I STUMBLE?

Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have strengthened the feeble knees.  Job 4:4
I certainly have not endured the pain and sorrow Job did, let alone what Jesus went through.  However, every stumbl or fall along my life's path gets me to feeling I'm inadequate and not strong enough to recover or survive.  One thing I do well, though, is to uphold God's holy word in my times of heavy storm.  I refuse to falter in my walk towards his light and comfort.  I have 2 choices.  I can curl up in the fetal position and wallow in my self pity of darkness and despair.  My other choice is to keep going.  Job was strong throughout his every storm and praised God for all he had given Job.  Job understood that God gave gifts to Job, and he had the authority to allow Satan to take away those gifts.  Sometimes as parents we have to let our children fall in order to learn a lesson.  Well...God has been teaching me quite a few lessons these past 6 months.  I am learning what it means to be real.  I'm working each day to recognize and appreciate the unique person God created me to be.  I'm learning to see myself through God's eyes.  Just a few years ago, these storms would have had me curling up in the corner hoping to die.  Now?  I praise God for every day, pleasure or turmoil, and I accept the life he is leading me to.  I look toward him daily, in every moment, and am grateful for the gifts he is bestowing on my daily.  I may stumble and my knees may be feeble, but with God by my side, I can overcome these set backs and rise above it all in the days to come.

Lord, I thank you for the storms you've allowed to pass through my life and the lessons I continue to learn through your word.  I ask you, Jesus, to continue to bring me strength for the narrow walk ahead of me, wisdom to make positive changes in my life, and patience to endure the suffering.  Amen

No comments: