Monday, August 13, 2012

BIBLE INFORMATION

What I learned in SALT class today about the OT. 

The bible is unique in a few ways I never gave much thought to.  It's in total harmony.  It is God breathed (2 Tim 3:16).  The people who wrote it were moved by God to do so (2 Peter 1:21).  The Holy Spirit allowed people to remember the Word (John 14:26).

The opposition to the bible is so vast, more than any other published work, it makes me wonder exactly why people are so scared of its circulation.  Because they are afraid their belief will be proven wrong?

The suffering endured by Christians over the centuries has numbers too high to count.  Is any other group in the world persecuted as much?

The bible has something to say to every generation, not just ancient civilizations.  The word is current and everlasting.

It occured to me years ago that I had never given much thought to the actual bible.  It's just always been there for me and I never questioned it's authenticity or reliability.  Then my belief was shaken over a particular issue and I ran to the bible for answers.  I found my answers, and they contradicted what my church at the time was teaching.  I realized that this particular denomination was skewed in more ways than one.  I investigated and interviewed and finally came to the realization that the bible alone is my church, not someones interpretation of it.  I belong to a non-denominational Christian church now that is awesome.  I have never once heard a teaching that goes against the bible's teaching.  This is such a comfort to me.  The bible is total truth, not just opinion.  The bible is accurate, no need to have doubt.  The bible is complete, every aspect of our lives is covered.

As I am reading the bible through to the end this year I pray that God will continue to open my eyes to what he wants me to learn.

No comments: