Friday, August 23, 2013

FAITH THAT ENDURES

Hello to anyone still out there.  Its been almost 9 months since my last post.   I haven't forgotten about this little blog of mine, but the strength in my faith had wavered for a little while and I just had to get back into the groove.  I am disappointed in my church that is constantly preaching "you have to be saved" but after someone is saved they seem to drop the ball.  I've attended this church for over 10 years, and I was simply looking for more substance to the sermons and more teaching away from Sunday mornings.  I have been blessed in many ways in the past 2 years.  I am living as a happy single mom struggling through things I never had to worry about before.  Its humbling to be on this side of poor.  I am so much richer without the luxuries I once had.  I have found a new church, which I always knew about and respected the pastor, but seemed like too far a drive to travel a few nights a week along with weekend services.  I was quickly able to make a decision once I realized I was no longer desirous to serve in the student ministry in my current church.  I no longer had a reason to attend 2 services during the week.  This church is just 3 miles from my home, but not my best fit.  So I traveled the long distance to the other church I had always admired.  Wow!  It was only 6 1/2 miles away.  Why in the world did I think it was so much farther.  Perhaps because when we are not motivated to be near God, the distance seems just too wide to travel.  I am happy to say that I am now enrolled in a class at my new church (I'll post more about my new church later) and I also attend Sunday and Wednesday services.  I feel nurtured and fed while I am there.  The pastor is currently working through the bible teaching it verse by verse on Wednesday nights.  I arrive 90 minutes early and attend a bible study along with answering questions we had been given on the chapter to be preached that night.  I am learning so much.  The class I'm in is called Self-Confrontation.  It sounds intimidating and scary, and it is in some ways.  However, I need this.  I need to get back on track with my relationship with God and be grateful for my blessings on an hourly basis.  I have relaxed my walk with Christ, now its time to get back on the narrow path.

No comments: